Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Checking In

I was looking and it has been a good month since I put anything down.  So much going on as of late, which is a good thing.  Still working on several projects at the shop.   

The Ranchero is ready to go to the paint shop.   This last weekend I finished sanding and cleaning the door jams.  Pulled out the bench seat and ripped out the old carpet.    I took it into the shop two weeks back and had the mechanic go through the motor and make sure everything checked out.   I have been having a problem keeping a charge and I wanted a compression test done.  They replaced the armature on the generator and I had one cylinder that the compression was low.  Had them pull the valve covers and check and set the valves.  She start up easy, sounds good and charges the battery.

I am guessing it will be another couple weeks before my paint guy is ready and worried it will take six months to get it done.   I am thinking I may want to use someone else.

This has been a good month for me.  We celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary.    Candy had a Birthday and I  set my schedule so I wasn't traveling this month.  I have been walking just about everyday, watching what I am eating and logging everything. Feeling pretty good and have dropped a couple of pounds, still have a ways to go.

Couple weeks back we went up to Denver to see Foxy Shazam.  We had a blast.  Stayed downtown at the Grand Hyatt, walked around,  had dinner and drinks and then headed to the show.  We got in early and had a meet and greet with the band.  I got a shirt signed and we took our picture with them.  They put on an awesome show. I don't know why I am such a groupie but I am.



With the walking I have been doing the last couple of weeks, it has been a combination of treadmill and trails.  I haven't taken many pictures of the flowers or wildlife this year.   We have had rain and lots of it.  Maybe we are finally out of our drought.   The yard looks awesome and we have hardly had to water.  The wild flowers are in bloom and the vegetation is going wild.  I snapped this picture the other day as I thought it was a nice grouping.

When I had the Ranchero out to the mechanic, I pulled out the sandblaster and worked on cleaning up a few parts.   My dad had given me some old radial engine aircraft cylinders along with some old aircraft instruments.   Still not sure what I am going to do with them.  I have a couple of ideas, just need more time.  Any way, I blasted one of them and painted it candy red.   I had some old gears that I picked up at a junk yard a year or so ago.  Candy had been using them in her flower pots.   I blasted them and they came out so nice, that we hung them on the wall in the living room.   Maybe this is my start to steam punk art.

With everyone doing selfies, I figured I should do one just so I can keep current.   I got a new hat for hiking, yes a little odd but you will remember seeing me.  OK so my judgement of things I share might be in question. LOL









No comments: