Saturday, April 5, 2014

Play Time

Wow, it has been two weeks since I stopped to put anything down in the blog.  Just busy, lots of projects
and not enough time.  I have to make a business trip next week so I spent most of the day working on the Ranchero.  Last weekend I hung the front bumper and found that I was missing the outer mounting brackets. I found a set on ebay and bought them.  They arrived on Thursday and I worked that night and got everything bolted up.

Last week I had a guy come over and help me pull the windshield and rear window.   Actually he did all the work.
 
Today I pulled the bumper, splash guard and grill.    I collected all the window trim and the grill pieces and sent them off to the polisher.   I am scared that something may happen to my trim parts.  I shouldn't be, but I will never be able to replace them, if something gets lost or bent up.  After I got everything pulled from the front end, I sand blasted the bumper brackets and painted them all black.   Also spent a good portion of time today adding rubber gaskets in holes where wires run through.   Don't want them rubbing and shorting out.

No comments: