Saturday, December 12, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety-jog

I have been traveling for the last couple of weeks. The end of the year push to see what we can get done before closing for the Holidays. So travel is done until January and I am back into the groove of things.

Downloaded some new tunes last night for the IPod for today’s outing. I mostly listen to Rock and Alternative. The following links are just a few that I picked up. Probably not for everyone!

Against Me! "Stop"
She Wants Revenge - Tear You Apart
CROOKED X!!! Rock and Roll Dream
Morningwood – Nth Degree
Burn Halo - Saloon Song

I left the house when Candy got home from work, so it was about 7am. I drove up to the parking lot at Gold Camp Road and loaded up the gear and headed out. I debated which route to take and finally decided on Seven Bridges Trail. It was a beautiful morning and a little cold. I had the snowshoes with me but didn’t get a chance to use them today. The trail was already used by other hikers since the last snow, but the further I went the fewer the tracks became.

The trail was snow packed and even with my stableicers on I had a hard time on some of the steep downhills. The going up is easy it’s always the coming down that you will find yourself on your ass if you are not careful.

Now that I am home for a few weeks and am going to have some off time I hope to have a few new hiking stories for you.

I had forgotten my 35mm camera but did have my little casio with me and snapped up the pictures below.





No comments: