Monday, December 28, 2009

Beaver Creek WSA

I headed out this morning to Beaver Creek WSA (Wild Life Study Area). This was a new trip for me and I am ready to go again in the spring and summer. It can be a little tricky to get to if you don’t have a map, but I didn’t have any problems.

I parked at the trail head and away I went. The snow on the trail was still 5 to 6 inches deep and no need for the snowshoes. I followed the previous hikers before me until I lost the trail and then ended up making my own.

Today’s distance was about 5 miles and not tough but the views were excellent! I need to do this in the summer so that I can do the roundtrip on this one.

I did see a sign that said you can take this trail from the Beaver Creek WSA all the way up to Skagway reservoir. The distance is about 12 miles with a 3500 feet incline. The notice on the board said to plan on three days to make the hike. So I have something to shoot for in the summer.

A few pics below and the rest can be found at: http://picasaweb.google.com/drobincorvette/20091228#



No comments: