Saturday, November 24, 2018

New Orleans


This year I got to spend my Birthday in New Orleans.   Had to be there for a conference, so Candy and I went down the weekend before.   Was a first for both of us.   We stayed downtown by the French Quarter and Bourbon Street.  Was able to walk to both.
Which after spending some time on Bourbon street it was good that we could walk home.   We spent one night out dancing and drinking, maybe we drank a little much.  We stumbled our way home safely.  We ate some great food and got to listen to some great blues music.   

We spent a day in the French Quarter walking around and checking out all the vendors.  I found a cool music store and picked up a few t-shirts.   Got me Slim Harpo and Professor Long Hair t-shirts.  We went to Morton's for my Birthday dinner.   Morton's is one of my favorites and honestly I was ready for a steak after a couple days of Cajun food. 
One day we took a paddle boat ride up the mighty Mississippi.  Sat outside as the presenter talked about the various buildings and area's we traveled through.   A lot of history in the area.








No comments: