Friday, February 12, 2016

IWANTU

What up?  It's Friday, yeah ready for a break.  I have a big week coming up so ready to chill.   I need to get some hiking in this weekend, that's for sure.

Last weekend I picked up some old irons at the auction.  Got them for about 5 a piece.   I had no idea what I was going to do with them but figured I could come up with something.    They have been sitting on the dining room table all week.

The weather was awesome here today.  When I left work it was 59.  Yes I left work a little early today.   It was just to nice out and we haven't had a day like this in a couple weeks.  I needed some sunshine.

I came home and wrapped up my last couple of calls and then headed over to the shop.   I took an iron with me to see what I could come up with.   This is the 1910 Strause Gas Iron Co. IWANTU comfort iron no. 6. 

I took it all apart and then took my grinder with a wire wheel and cleaned all the pieces up.  Then I taped off what I needed to and painted it.  I used what I had and figure the red and blue would represent hot and cold.

So now I have a painted clothes iron and need to figure out what to do with it.   I need a door stop at work, so next time I go in, I will take it with me.




No comments: