Monday, March 4, 2024

What up Bitch!

What up bitches! Been a while, I know but get over it. 

So much stuff going on, but my lazy ass has a problem getting consistent in writing it all down. So work is crazy, which is the way we like it, as long as it is crazy good work. That's the goal, keep customers happy, deliver and you have a true partnership. 

But anyway, so what I have been up to. Lets go with some bullet points, and then I can remember what to come back and write about. As I get older I have been working on my memory. I just stopped listing to people, and wow I have less shit to remember.

  • The Boys (Ameon & Lockland)
  • Work
  • Fancy Dance Bustle
  • Not real Lego, but just as good.
  • Rad Runner Riding & Tune up
  • Weather
  • Walking
  • VHS to Digital Conversion
  • Travel
  • Food
  • Zoo
  • North Bros. Tree Stands
  • My Tunes
OK, So I have some topics to write up and share.  Now I am not sure where to start.  Need to go take a few pics and download some things that I can share.  

I finished working on my American Indian Fancy Dress Bustle.   It took me a while to complete and I could have done a better job.  It was also a messy project with feathers floating around the room, from the cutting and trimming I had to do.   Well it's done, need to take some pics to share.  It's in the basement letting everything dry/set.   I found a place to hang it, and that's what I am waiting on before I take the pics, as I have two other pieces that will accompany it on the wall and think it will be pretty bad ass.  So more to come on this, later this week.

Big week at work for me coming up.  I have several team members flying in as we are have what is called a Sale Kick Off i.e. SKO for short.  It is a lot to prepare for and I want to make sure that is worth everyone's time and brings value.  It's a diverse group so what my apply to some may not apply to others and vice-versa.   Main thing to remember is, Dennis keep your cool.  Not that I wouldn't, but it can be very stressful. 

Well if I have to knock an item of the list I will go with an easy one.  Let's start with my lamps and the North Bros. Tree Stands.  I have written about these before and shared several pics.   

Well I did a couple things that were new this go around.  Instead of going with the original back and
gold, I opted for Blue/Gold and Green/Gold, and I have to say I am extremely please with the results on these.  

I also came up with a way to turn the smaller stand into lamps as well.  I was struggling with how to mount them.  For the larger stands a 4 Inch ceiling lamp holder works great, with just a little modification.  For the smaller ones I couldn't find any 2 inch lamp mounts that would really work for my need.   I came across some metal cups a while back, and figured out a way to mount them.   They work great and the smaller lamps take up a smaller footprint, which is great as well.  


I have included pics of the process, well the paint process.  I dissemble them and then bead blast them to remove unwanted paint and rust. Then any remaining clean up, I hit with the my wire wheel on the my grinder.   I soak the parts in acetone to give them a final clean before painting.  First I apply the solid colors, in this case Blue and Green, once dry I then apply the Gold, using a paint pen.   Once everything is dry, I then hit it with a coat of urethane to seal the pieces.    Then we move to assembly, I leverage all the original bolts and nuts when I can.   I usually place them in the tumblr for 48/hours and that clean up nicely.

reassembly is pretty easy and I am please with the outcome.  I have know idea what I am going to do with all these, but I do have fun bringing them back to life. 









No comments: