Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Lego

So let's see, what's next on the list to catch up on?  Well I guess we can talk about Lego.  I am a big Lego
fan, own a couple of sets, but mainly enjoy building them.   I was able to keep together most of the Lego sets that the kids had growing up.  Wish we had taken better care and kept the boxes they came in. Oh Well.  One thing for sure is that Lego are expensive.  So a while back, I came across Temu, and was looking at various products, figuring this site was a scam, and you would either not receive your order, or what you got what is no way what you were thinking you were going to get.

Roll forward a few months and now they have a commercial airing during the Super Bowl.  Well I decided to take another look.  What caught my eye the first time was building block sets, that looked just like Lego.  Being that Lego patent had expired several years back, there are several competitors out there that I was unaware of.   They have similar designs and a similar packaging look.  Even so, I was still doubtful about them, but decided to take a chance.  

I ordered two sets off of Temu and happily they arrived.  Came about a week and half after I ordered them.  Unlike Lego, who boxes, the box the Lego sets come in.  Thus helping keeping the packaging in great shape.   My order from Temu showed up, in the original packaging, so they are decent, but taped up as you can see in the pics.

I ordered two different brands Reobrix and Mould King from Temu, and I also looked at the sites for both.  The prices on Temu were heavily discounted as I was able to get both sets for under $200.00.  I have started to assemble the Reobrix Star Revenge set that contains 5749 pieces.   I must say so far it is just like working with Lego, pieces are the same, and the instructions are just as easy to follow.  Even the packaging is similar to how Lego packages as well.  Once I get it completed I will share some pics.   






No comments: