Monday, June 26, 2023

Staycation

Golly gee, time sure does fly! Last week, I treated myself to a staycation and boy, did I get stuff done! On Monday, I was at my workshop all day, getting heating installed so I can stay toasty while working on projects during the winter months. I am putting in a 20ft radiant heating solution.  This will hang from the ceiling.  A crew was there running the gas line and prepping the heater installation. But, wouldn't you know it, they discovered a missing part on Wednesday! So, they had to order it, which slowed things down a bit.  Guess they will be back on July 5th to hopefully wrap this up. Had a full house with

the workers.  I took a picture of all the vehicles that were parked in the drive.  It was three individuals but they each had there own transportation.

On Tuesday, a friendly electrician came by to work on the wiring for the shop heating. They got their part done, but will have to come back once the heater is up. I spent most of Monday sprucing up the shop - mowing, weeding, and trimming those pesky little starter trees. The place is looking spiffy now! I met with some furnace repair folks on Tuesday and Thursday to get estimates for replacing our old house furnace and adding some much-needed A/C.

I did manage to get one item off my list that has been pestering me.  In the front of the Shop there is a power pole and there has been a line down for at least six months.  I called the city and they checked it and said it wasn't there's and that it was not a live wire.  They suggested I call the cable company.  Well after many a calls and not luck, I finally took matters into my own hands.  So instead this wire laying all over the ground it is now wrapped around the stop sign and out of my way.  Maybe this will get some ones attention and they will fix it correctly.

Since I had time at the shop waiting on the work to be done and finished up with the yard work, I cleaned up and painted our Frisbee Disc Golf Basket.  It was gray and showing it's age.  I think it looks better in red.

In the evenings, I've been diving into my Batman Lego Shadowbox project. It's got almost 4,000 pieces, and I'm still not done! Fingers crossed I'll finish it this week because it's shaping up to be super cool!  Pictures will follow once I get it completed.

I also ordered a couple of rad Rad E-bikes (see what I did there?). They're
different from our other E-bikes - lighter and foldable for easy transportation. We're planning some exciting day trips to the mountains to discover new trails to ride.  They had arrived so I spent one afternoon putting them together.  Did a couple of test runs and I think we are good to go.  So we will look for you on the trails.  My other E-bike is becoming my daily driver when the Colorado weather permits, which is most of the time.  I ride back and forth to work, use them to go to the grocery store.  Candy even used hers and took one of the dogs to the vet for shots. 

Been doing some research on E-bike rentals in the area.  Seeing pricing from $69 to $99 for two hours and $130 to $150 for four hours.  With the location of my shop, a block from Red Rock Canyon, 3 blocks from Old Colorado City, one block from the road for Gold Camp Road and Cheyanne Canyon and a direct bike path to Garden of the Gods I think it would be the ideal place to setup a E-bike rental, service and sales business.  In addition I have the parking needed as well.  Who knows, maybe that's what I can do when I retire someday, if the someday ever comes.

On Wednesday morning we got out for a nice little hike.  It was early and there was no one else out yet or at least we didn't see anyone else out.  We stopped by the Beaver pond to see what new progress he/she has made.  Our little dog Lilly went with us and she had a great time jumping in the water. 

One day, we pedaled our way to the zoo, which I just adore! We go early in the morning, around 8 AM, when they start feeding the animals. This way, we get a great view of them before the heat sends them off to hide from the sun.  Maybe someday I will be able to take the grandkids back to the zoo with me. 

The zoo was followed up by a couples massage (Candy got it for me as a Fathers Day present.)  I haven't had a massage in over a year or more.  The masseuse had to wake me up when she was done.  Then we headed out for dinner.  It was actually like being on vacation, it was a great day.

All in all, it was a swell week! Sure, I took a break from work, but I still kept an eye on my emails and handled a few things. After all, you can never truly escape work, can you?




No comments: