Friday, June 9, 2023

Rainy Days

What an eventful afternoon! The rain in Colorado Springs has been pouring for the past two weeks, which is a relief from the usual hot and dry weather. Because of the abundance of rain, I haven't had to use my sprinkler system, which saves me money on water bills and mowing expenses. Honestly, I'm at an age where I care less about lawn maintenance, and it's no longer a priority. Besides, my sprinkler system needs repair, so I might put it off until this summer.

But let's get back to my exciting afternoon. I rode my bike to work, and at noon, it started raining heavily. Fortunately, at 3 PM, there was a break, and I decided to seize the opportunity and ride home before the next downpour. However, five minutes later, thunder boomed, and the rain came pouring down again. Despite the lightning that scares me, riding in the rain was actually fun, and I enjoyed the ride home, making record time.

Speaking of my bike rides, yesterday on my way home, I stumbled across a huge bull snake, the second
one I've seen this year. It was quite an experience, and I'm always excited to see wildlife during my rides.

No comments: